Skewered Lamb and Vegetables
- prep 10 mins
- cook 15 mins
- makes 6 skewers
- 400g cubed Scotch Lamb leg
- 8 small whole shallots, (soaked in boiling water for 5 minutes to loosen the skins and soften the shallots a little), peeled
- 2 yellow or orange sweet peppers, seeded and cut into bite sized pieces
For the marinade
- Juice of a lemon
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp chopped oregano
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
For the potatoes
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into 2 cm cubes
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp paprika or sweet smoked paprika salt
Preheat the oven to 200°C.
Mix all the marinade ingredients together and add the lamb to it, turning so that it is thoroughly coated. Thread the meat and vegetables onto skewers and set aside for 10 minutes or so if you have time.
Tip the diced potato onto a baking tray, sprinkle with the oil and salt and toss together with your hands. Shake to spread the potatoes into a single layer and dust sparingly with the paprika. Cook in the oven for about 15 minutes till tender and golden.
Meanwhile, grill the skewers for about 15 minutes, turning as they brown until the meat is done and shallots and peppers are tender. Serve with the potatoes cubes and a green salad.