Quick Lamb and Veg Bake
- prep 5 mins
- cook 20 mins
- serves 2
- 350g cold roast leg or shoulder of Scotch Lamb, thinly sliced or shredded (or 350g neck fillet of lamb, thinly sliced and flash-fried)
- 300g selection of chargrilled aubergine, courgettes, onions, peppers etc from the supermarket deli counter
- 4 large tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp dried oregano
For the topping
- 300g plain Greek-style yogurt (not too low fat)
- 1 egg yolk
- 3 tbsp grated parmesan, plus extra for the top
Preheat the oven to 220°C and place a baking sheet on the middle shelf to heat.
Grease a shallow oven proof dish and layer the meat and vegetables, finishing with a layer of sliced tomatoes sprinkled with oregano.
Whisk the topping ingredients together with a little salt and freshly ground black pepper and spoon over the top of the lamb and vegetables, sprinkle with a little extra parmesan and bake in the oven for 20 minutes till the topping is set and golden brown. Serve with a nice crisp salad.