Lamb Tikka Kebabs
- prep 10 mins
- cook 15 mins
- serves 4
- 500g diced leg of Scotch Lamb
- 2tbs tikka paste
- 150g plain yogurt
- 3 small red onions, peeled and each cut into 6 wedges
For the raita
- shop bought ready made, or, to make your own:
- 1/4 cucumber, grated, skin on, then squeezed on some kitchen paper to blot up the juices
- 200g plain yogurt
- 1tbsp mint leaves, chopped
- Ready to eat poppadoms and chutney to serve
Toss the lamb, tikka paste and yogurt into a bowl and mix together well to coat all the meat.
Preheat the grill to a high setting. Thread skewers with chunks of meat interspersed with onion wedges and set aside to marinate if you have 20 minutes to spare, if not you can cook them straight away.
If making your own raita, mix the ingredients together with some freshly ground black pepper and a pinch of salt. Chill until you're ready.
Grill the kebabs, turning as they brown, for about 12 to 15 minutes. Eat the kebabs with the raita, poppadoms and some chutney.