Lamb Steaks with Spicy Couscous
- prep 5 mins
- cook 15 mins
- serves 4
- 4 Scotch Lamb rump steaks, each approx 150g
- 250g couscous
- 75g sultanas
- Grated zest from 1/2 lemon
- 400ml vegetable or chicken stock (at boiling point)
- 1tbsp Harissa Paste*
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 2tbsp roughly chopped coriander leaves
- Yogurt and a wedge of lemon to serve
* If you don’t have Harissa, use tomato puree and chilli sauce
Prepare the couscous by tipping it into a heat-proof bowl with the harissa, sultanas and lemon zest and pour over the hot stock, stirring with a fork. Cover and leave for 10 minutes while the stock is absorbed.
Season the lamb steaks and rub them with the oil, heat the pan and cook the meat over a high heat turning often to cook evenly, for about 8 minutes in total. Allow the meat to rest for 5 minutes or so.
Stir the couscous again and break up any lumps with a fork. Sprinkle some chopped coriander over the couscous and serve with the steaks, a small bowl of yogurt and a wedge of lemon to squeeze over.