- prep 10 mins
- cook 10 mins
- serves 6
For the patties
- 500g minced Scotch lamb
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 50 - 75g sundried tomatoes, finely chopped
- 12 pitted black olives, chopped
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- Pepper and just a little salt
- 6 warmed pitta breads
- a bag of baby salad leaves or a small shredded lettuce
- Pot of ready-made tomato salsa
Mix together all the patty ingredients and season sparingly, the olives and sun-dried tomatoes will add plenty of flavour on their own. Divide and shape into 12 patties.
Heat a frying or griddle pan and cook the patties for about 6 minutes until cooked through.
Cut the warm pittas in half, stuff each with a handful of salad leaves, a sliced patty and a spoon of tomato salsa.