- prep 20 mins
- cook 20 mins
- serves 4
- 400g 1 inch dice Scotch Lamb leg or neck (not shoulder)
- 1 red onion, cut into 16 x 1 inch squares
- 4 mixed peppers, cut into 32 x 1 inch squares
- 16 cherry tomatoes
- 16 baby button mushrooms, stalks removed
For the dip
- 250g plain yoghurt
- ½ cucumber, peeled
- 25g fresh mint leaves, finely chopped
- 1 tsp fresh lime juice
- 4 pitta bread
- 8 wooden or metal skewer sticks
To reduce burning, soak wooden skewers in water for an hour.
Divide the lamb and vegetables into eight, two of each vegetable per pile. Arrange and place the skewer through the centre of each item. Season with salt and pepper and brush with vegetable oil. Sear on a hot griddle or barbecue until golden then place in the oven for 10mins.
Place the yoghurt, mint, cucumber and lime juice in a bowl and stir to combine. Season to taste with salt and pepper, place in serving bowls along with the pitta bread.