- prep 15 mins
- cook 20 mins
- serves 4
- 8 trimmed Scotch Lamb cutlets
- 1 tbsp English mustard
- 2 tbsp Demerara sugar
- 2 sprigs worths of rosemary leaves
- 4 large potatoes, topped and tailed, each sliced equally in half
- 8 cloves garlic, not peeled
- 100g frozen peas
- 125g green beans, topped and tailed, halved
Preheat grill on full and oven to gas mark 8 / 230°C / 450°F.
Season the potatoes with salt and pepper and place in oil on an oven tray. Top each potato with a garlic clove and bake for 10mins each side.
Sprinkle the sugar on to a plate, rub the lamb with mustard, add the rosemary and place mustard-side down into the sugar. Place the lamb sugar side up under the grill to brown and cook through. Don’t turn the lamb, but allow to caramelise and darken slightly.
Once the lamb is cooked through remove from the grill. Boil the beans and add the peas before straining. Pierce the garlic and smear over the potatoes to serve.