Garlic Lamb with Roast Tomatoes
- prep 5 mins
- cook 10 mins
- serves 2
- 2 x 150g Scotch Lamb leg steaks
- 150g plum cherry tomatoes, halved olive oil
- 3 tbsp ready made garlic and herb butter
- 30g pitted black olives
- 10g flat leaf parsley, chopped
- A pack of microwaveable long-grain or Basmati rice
- Lemon wedges to serve (optional)
Preheat the oven to 200°C.
Tip the tomatoes into a suitably sized gratin dish, sprinkle with some olive oil, salt and pepper and pop in the oven for 15 minutes.
Fry the steaks in a very hot non-stick pan for 7 to 10 minutes, turning often, and when done to your liking add the garlic butter and swirl the pan as it melts to coat the steaks, then add the olives and parsley.
Remove from the heat to rest the steaks while you cook the rice according to the instructions on the pack.
Serve the lamb with the rice, tomatoes and the garlicky sauce spooned over, and a wedge of lemon if you like.